Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Oscar Forel : Hidden Art in Nature


Oscar Forel


http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/exhibitions/web/ddd/includes/images/475/095.jpg

Oscar Forel is a Swiss psychiatrist born in 1891. I was originally introduced to his artwork and existence when I found an old seeming, large art book with a carpet-covered jacket and beautiful colored plates at an antique bookstore in West Seattle. I quickly realized the photographs inspired me and looked like abstract paintings, but upon closer inspection noticed that the images were actually close-up shots  of trees, bark patterns, and different textures and colors found in nature. I thought this was extremely interesting because I also pull a lot of inspiration from textures and colors in nature for my own artwork, such as paintings and drawings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment